ART OF GUITAR: Bringing Music to Life on the Classical Guitar is an evolving online instruction manual, using articles, videos and interaction. A major goal of the Art of Guitar website is to create and hold a space of inspiration, support and challenge in service of your ongoing improvement.
Do you want weekly guidance on how to improve your playing—-without the inconvenience of traveling to weekly classical guitar lessons? Skype lessons might be the answer! Find out more here. “It was just like being in the same room, in some ways even better. An hour went by very quickly, I received some fantastic advice, a long term technical issue addressed, all in all really comfortable, excellent, personable” Misha Robert, Luthier, Vancouver, British Columbia
- All the information I’d provide to an intermediate student over the course of a few months of lessons in which they learn to play Capricho Arabe.(without paying several hundred dollars)
- PDF download of full score and suggested ornaments
- PDF download of score with TAB for those who aren’t as accomplished at sight reading.
- When complete, over 60 practice and study videos–section by section, measure by measure, full of fingering, interpretation, and technical and practicing tips—plus PDF sheets with technical exercises I recommend in videos to navigate the most challenging technical hurdles
- Complete Theory and Structure section, with videos and PDF download to help you study and understand all scales in keys covered by the piece
- …and more. Click here to check it out!
New Video Mini-Course: “Toy”, by Francis Cutting
Do you want to able to play pieces like you hear them in your head, without having to worry about technique?
There’s so much great classical guitar music out there to play and enjoy. But classical guitar technique is complicated. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by frustrating technical traps that keep you from playing as well as you know you want to. Basic Classical Guitar Mastery is a complete, in-depth and state-of-the-art instructional series, centered around over 40 multi-camera view video tutorials. It covers all of basics and many of the more refined secrets of classical guitar technique while offering a grounded, confidence-building approach to developing your natural ability.
Click Here to find out more about Basic Classical Guitar Mastery: Getting the Basics Right So Your Music Can Take Flight
William Tell Overture Finale
A Virtuosic Show-piece and a challenge to all classical guitar show-offs/speed-demons. To purchase the score for this arrangement, click here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQIGFFyGTs
Prelude #3: Vivo
This is a short but fun little piece. It’s got a bit of an Irish Jig feel to it. It also works great as a study for developing your pull-offs. The score and tabs will be available soon! Enjoy!
Prelude #2 With Variation
This piece has a storytelling, Latin American feel to it. The variation also works great as a study in strengthening your “a m i” arpeggio technique while at the same time making it more expressive and musical.
Prelude #5: Moto Perpetuo
This piece evokes a feeling of spring for me. It’s to be played with a very gentle sense of perpetual motion. It is also a wonderful study in left hand slur technique.
Simple Study: Lullaby from a Paper Boat
Maestoso–Like a Passacaglia
Mozart’s Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (first movement) for Solo Classical Guitar